Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Toast in Toast

   "Why are they making such a bug deal about going to eat toast?" I like toast so I went along with the conversation. Turns out we were going to go to a place called Tostado for two days. Here is the skinny-
 -Their library greeted us warmly. I am pretty sure all the librarians came in on Sunday morning just meet us.
-We saw what was the only train car school and hospital in the country. They had ones that traveled the river but this was the only land one from 1940-1965. We met the nurse/ teacher's niece. 
  At their volunteer fire department, I got to meet a firefighter named Alejandra. Note: Their jaws of life are called "multi purpose scissors"- I was a little disappointed.
    Later we went at on a photo tour of the city. The iron globe and Rotary sign picture represents Rotary extending a hand to the world. We had a nice moment by the river at sunset. I hope to write more about this moment. (This is one hard bit about this experience. I simply do not have the time to write and write well. I pray my notes- like these rushed/typo filled posts will help later on. I also hope if you are reading this they help you enjoy and get mi I-view into our experience)
   At dinner, two Rotarians surprised us and showed up in traditional folk dancing gear! I got to FaceTime (video chat) with my mom for Mother's Day and she got to see some of the dances and meet people!
   Afterwards, Oakley charmed us with country folk music with our ice cream. We got to bed around 1am and woke up at 6am and if course Rotarians showed up for our 7am "goodbye" at the bus station.









































No comments:

Post a Comment