Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fraternal Twins!!!!

 "I am a twin," I told my my host dad, Juan Carlos.  He turned of the ignition and we got out of the car. I didn't know why but that wasn't abnormal. We do a lot of things here under the wings of our Rotarians that don't make sense at first (or ever) but we roll with it.  Juan Carlos needed showed me the family sticker on the back of his car. This was a definitions moment for my stay in San Jorge. No matter what we were doing or how long it took he would take the time and care to answer my questions.  I loved my time with this family.
Here is the skinny on the rest of our 1st Day in San Jorge:
   We went to a school for special needs for students from 0 until age 22. They had a special room that resembled a little house for training of basic skills like making a bed, ironing and cooking. Kids start this training around age 12. The 14 to 22 year olds have 3 jobs. They have a garden and make trash bags and various marmalade.
    Later on we got to see one of the students in his tango class.  We received our own lesson and I loved it. The teacher was patient and we learned a few basic moves. 
   After that I was wisked away for a "writing circle" meeting with local authors.
   





No comments:

Post a Comment