Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Final Thoughts

Thank you to EVERYONE who supported not only me, but our entire team throughout our journey.  Without your love, support, and prayers, we would not have been able to make this trip as seamless as it was!  I will always cherish my memories and time spent in Argentina.  Hopefully one day we will meet again!

Thank you to Oakley for being an awesome trip leader.  Without your bilingual skills, I am pretty sure we would have had to deal with very angry men on a bus and we never would have known how the reverse osmosis operation works!  I know that you are not only an inspiration to just me, but to the entire team!  Four months ago you told us some news that frightened us all, but I am so thankful you were able to embark on our journey with us!  Thank you for EVERYTHING.

To my teammates - without you, I would have gone nuts some days:
Stuart - Well... Without your care, concern, and the little bit of sarcasm that you bring to the team, I don't think we would have made it.  I loved watching you grow and to see the passion you had when speaking about those things that are most important to you!  As Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

Joe - I really appreciated all of our talks about life, family, and our experiences.  Thank you for all of your care and concern - and for the best birthday present a girl could ask for!!  I admire you for being able to say goodbye to your family for a month to embarke on such an incredible journey.  I also appreciate your love for Empanadas!

Bekah - My experience would not have been the same without you!  We have shared many laughs and some tears along the way.  We had some tough decisions to make at certain times and I felt we collectively did a good job - who got the body pillow?  Which door leads to breakfast?  You are a wonderful person and a true friend!  I look forward to continue following your journey in life.

Of course I have to give thanks to my family and friends!  Without you in my life, I wouldn't be the person I am today.  I cannot wait to get home and share my experiences with you :)

5/27/13 with the District Governor, Juan Carlos Rodriguez 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though it was what you expected and SO very much more! Cannot wait until your return to SU and hope we have the chance to get together! I would love to hear what this has brought to your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you guys are almost home. We are so very excited to have you back on US soil :) Can't wait to hear all the stories!

    ReplyDelete